Can Instagram Reels Video Be Archived Or Hidden?
How to hack an Instagram password? Can Instagram Reels video be archived or hidden? The Instagram lover generally asks these sorts of questions.
Instagram has introduced the feature name “Reels” in early 2020. With the intention of not letting their users get more attached to other social media platforms. And the newly introduced Instagram Reels is garnering more public attention all the time.
You can easily make the reels of the video and post that on your Instagram account. But everything is meant to be permanent, so do your feelings. If you want to know, ‘can Instagram Reels Video be archived or hidden?’, then this article is for you.
What are Instagram Reels?
In the early days, Instagram was limited to sharing pictures, liking posts, and commenting on posts. And to compete with the competitor, Instagram brings many more features to it. Similarly, Instagram adopts the feature Reels from TikTok.
Videos gain more attention than pictures. Instagram Reels allows the user to create attractive, fun, and creative videos up to 60 seconds long. You can also add songs to that video based on your need.
What is an Instagram Archive?
Instagram Achieve helps you to see the old pictures and videos that the outside world is clueless about. You can archive both posts and stories. In addition to that, you can automatically add Instagram Stories to your archive section by changing the settings. By doing so, the stories will be in the archive section after 24 hours.
Can Instagram Reels Video be archived or hidden?
The options to archive the Instagram Reels video were available in earlier days. However, for some unidentified reason, Instagram has pulled down this feature. Instagram Reels can’t be hidden or archived, unlike the story and post, which can be. But luckily, there is an alternative to hiding the Instagram reels. Before knowing how to hide Instagram Reels video temporarily, let’s first discuss how to create it.
Step by step guide for creating Instagram Reels
- Go to create the story, and select Reels, which is opposed to “live” or “story.”
- Now record a 15-second video with or without audio. Keep in mind that if you pause the video before 15 seconds, you have to shoot again to fill the remaining time.
- Once the recording is completed, you can edit it.
- To add the custom voice-over, tap on the microphone icon.
- You can add the songs and mix the voice or audio. It helps you to make the iconic Reels-styled content.
- Add the transition overlays to make your reels more attractive.
How to temporarily hide Instagram Reels video?
- Log in to your Instagram account from your phone.
- Click on the Profile menu with the profile picture icon at the bottom right.
- Now choose the Reels tab
- And then search and select Reels videos.
- On the bottom right side, there is a 3 dots horizontal line. Click on that.
- After that, a pop-up menu will appear. From there, click on the Delete option.
Once the deletion process is completed, your reel video automatically gets invisible from the profile page. In other terms, your Instagram Reels get hidden from everyone.
To see the deleted Reels video, you must go through the Recently Delete menu. It contains all the posts you have just deleted.
Steps to see removed reels
- At the top right corner of your Instagram profile page, there is an options menu with three-dot lines. Click that.
- The pop-up menu will appear with different options. Select from the “Your Activity” menu.
- Next, choose Recently Deleted.
- Now go to the Reels tab and search for the recently deleted video.
But unfortunately, the deleted Reels videos will be removed permanently after 30 days from the system. So, if you wish the video to remain forever, restore that video on the 29 days and again delete the video. It will extend the time, and they remain hidden.
To continue that process, you need to remember the time. So be careful.
How to archive Instagram Posts?
- Log in to your Instagram account and go to your profile.
- Now click on the post you want to archive.
- On the upper right side, there is three horizontal dot line. Click on that.
- Now choose the option Archive.
- Finally, your post will get hidden from the profile
How to find archived posts on Instagram?
When you wish to restore the archived post on your Instagram profile, you can go through the given steps:
- Open your Instagram account and click on your profile.
- In the upper right corner, there are three vertical lines. Click on that.
- Now tap on the option Archive.
- Choose the posts you want to return to your Instagram profile.
- Click on the three horizontal dot line, which is in the upper right corner.
- Now click on Show on Profile. The selected post will return back on the original location of your feed.
So, this is how Instagram reels video can be archived or hidden. If you are an Instagram Reels lover, you know that you can’t archive or hide Instagram reels by default. But the above steps will help you to do so alternatively. Hope this article helps you to solve your queries.